An independent Board of Directors (BOD) made up of seven (7) skill-based qualified professionals and development specialists from the Church, NGO, Private, business and government agencies, including the ECHDP’s three (3) founding members who serve as ex-officio members govern the Eastern Community Health and Development Programme (ECHDP).The main function of the Board of Directors is to govern the work of ECHDP in fulfilling its mission, upholding its values and safeguarding its assets. In this regard, the governing body is the superior organ that makes decisions of constitutional and legal nature and supervises the management of ECHDP to ensure achievement of mission and proper management of resources.
MANAGEMENT TEAM AND STAFF
The Board has delegated the responsibility for the day-to-day management of ECHDP to the 3 Director of Programmes who are also founders of the Organization, who are supported by the Financial and Human Resource Managers for financial, programme, Human resource management and administration assisted further in monitoring of programmes by Project Managers and Coordinators. The functions of the Management team are facilitation and implementation of the Organization’s programmes and activities. They are also responsible for policy implementation and interpreting regulations through setting procedures, and terms and conditions to be observed by all employees, Volunteers and Interns. The Senior Management is directly answerable to the Board of Directors. Specific responsibilities of the Management team include but not limited to the following:-
- a) Coordination of all the activities of ECHDP
- b) Preparation of Annual work plans and budgets
- c) Preparation of narrative progress and financial reports on performance of ECHDP
- d) Sourcing of and prudently managing all financial resources of the ECHDP
- e) Facilitation of capacity building (up-skilling) of the Organizational staff, board members and Volunteers/interns.
- f) Facilitating the development and building of partnerships and networks with appropriate institutions and other stakeholders involved in the areas of work of ECHDP at national, local and international level.
- g) To ensure the Organizational guidelines, principles, policies and values are being adhered to by all staff, volunteers and interns.
- h) Provision of Technical support and information required by the Board of Directors for their effective representation of ECHDP on various issues.
- i) Ensure all the staff are working effectively in order to achieve the set targets and objectives/indicators.
- j) Setting of procedures, and ways of working, code of conduct, defines Key indicators for performance, monitors the organizational progress, takes where necessary the corrective measures/actions, and
- k) Development of management internal controls for ratification by the Board of Directors, such as policy manuals on Finance, Procurement, Human resource and others.
- l) Shall be responsible for external Project correspondences.
The Organogram below displays the staff structure for ECHDP;